The Curriculum at Lakes Primary School
At Lakes Primary School, we have been working very hard to produce a curriculum which not only meets, but enhances the requirements of the new National Curriculum. Our curriculum is organised in to themes which are run as part of a two year rolling programme and can be viewed in full on the Curriculum Maps page.
More detailed information will be provided in our curriculum newsletters, which will continue to be sent out to you.
We use Read Write Inc. to support with the teaching of phonics and early reading. Staff will be happy to share their expertise if you have any questions.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
The curriculum for pupils in Nursery and Reception remains the same. It covers 7 areas of learning development. Children should mostly develop the 3 prime areas first, as these are the skills most essential for healthy development and future learning.
- Communication and language (speaking and listening)
- Physical development (PE and large scale play) – (mapping for KS1 & KS2 are available for viewing/download below)
- Personal, social and emotional development
As children grow, the prime areas will help them to develop skills in 4 specific areas:
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Understanding the world (Science, ICT, History, Geography and RE)
- Expressive arts and design (Art, Music, Dance and Design Technology)
To find out more about these areas of learning visit Foundation Years website
You can find out further information on the School Curriculum from downloading the documents from the table below.