Ofsted Inspection 17th-18th October 2012
Ofsted Graded Lakes Primary School as : GOOD
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
Children make good and sometimes outstanding progress from when they start school in the Nursery to when they leave at the end of Year 6.
- In Key Stage 2 rapid improvements in teaching have accelerated pupils progress.
- Good support and intervention ensure that pupils who are disabled or have special educational needs also make good progress as the school is very effective in meeting their needs.
- Similarly, pupils who are entitled to extra money from the government to support their learning make good progress.
- Teaching is good and sometimes outstanding, particularly at Key Stage 2. Teachers rise to the challenge of accelerating pupils progress. In the Reception class, teaching is very successful in promoting childrens learning
Pupils enjoy their time in school and have good attitudes to learning owing to the way teachers relate to pupils and the way in which classrooms are set up to promote learning.
- Pupils have a good understanding of how to keep safe as the school is diligent in promoting pupils welfare and safety.
- Excellent leadership from the headteacher, a strong deputy headteacher and a very supportive team of staff has been instrumental in improving the school and raising standards rapidly.
- The governing body now holds the school more to account and supports the drive for improvement well.
A copy of Lakes Primary School Ofsted Report can be downloaded below.
401195 Lakes Primary School – Published Inspection Report