Aims & Ethos
Lakes Primary School Vision
At Lakes Primary School, we aim to provide a positive learning experience for every individual, which ensures that everyone achieves beyond their ambition. We take pride in the fact that we have a safe, enjoyable, respectful learning environment, which promotes self-belief, confidence and resilience – because everyone in our school community matters.
- A school community where everyone feels included, valued and respected regardless of race, nationality, gender or ability
- A place with a happy, calm and safe atmosphere where everyone enjoys learning and working together
- A school community which has learning and teaching at the heart of everything that it does
- An ethos which celebrates achievement and recognises success
- A place which has consistently high expectations for all and where academic achievement is not the only measure of success
- A school community where the emotional wellbeing and mental health of the whole community is promoted and protected
Outcomes for All:
- Everyone is confident and highly motivated with a good self-image and is fully involved in the life of the school
- We think positively and say, “I can…”
- We behave well and tolerate, care and support each other but we are also independent and can think for ourselves
- We are open minded, have a love of learning and show initiative
- We take part in activities outside of school in order to further develop our own skills and interests
Our ethos will value everyone as individuals, raising self-esteem whenever we can and creating a positive atmosphere through our interactions with the whole school community.
Our curriculum will be broad, balanced and creative with many opportunities for first-hand experiences: we will endeavour to teach the children life-skills to equip them for tomorrow’s world. Teaching will take account of different learning styles and all abilities. We will value the development of the whole child through the arts, and subjects such as PSCHE, striving to continuously be a physically, mentally and emotionally healthy school. We will be proactive in promoting and protecting the emotional wellbeing and mental health of everyone in our school community.
Our expectations will be high and we will provide challenge and support for all of our learners.
Our environment will be attractive, calm, ordered, safe and stimulating. It will celebrate the achievements of all and will stimulate and support teaching and learning. It will look bright, colourful and make a positive impact.
We will develop positive and supportive relationships with parents and the wider community, encouraging and valuing their contribution and commitment to achieving our aims. As part of this, parents, pupils and staff are encouraged to talk openly about emotional wellbeing and mental health. We will all support each other and work for the positive development of our school community.